Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Friends, Family, and Memories

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014

Today is one of my best friends birthdays! Sadly, I am not back home with her to celebrate with her, but I will soon. Her and I have been really good friends since junior high and even before that, but we became really close in junior high. We used to play basketball together in elementary even. We have some great memories from third grade even. We have had some crazy sleepovers over the years and always eat more food than we should when we are together. Sonic is one of our favorite places to get shakes and slushies' when we are together. I'm pretty sure everyone loves Sonic drinks though. My mom loves their ice and has even bought some bags of ice from them just to have at home with lemonade and etc. When I was little I remember going to Sonic with my grandpa and getting their grilled cheese and chocolate shake off of their kids menu. I liked to get the same thing every time I was there. My grandpa always liked to stop and get ice cream or a soda when we were driving anywhere. We could just be going into town for bread and he would let us grandkids stop at the gas station on the way back and get something. For some reason when you are little that seems like the best thing in the world to stop and get a treat. Then the fact that you were with your grandpa made it even more special. It is the simplest things that can bring us the most joy sometimes. My grandpa had a great way of making us grandkids happy. I suppose most grandparents are loved by their grandkids though. My grandparents have always lived close by so that has been a blessing in my life. I have enjoyed being with family and having fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment