Thursday, July 17, 2014

Church Camps

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014

Today I would like to write about church camps that I have been to. Over the years I have been to quite a few church camps. Where I go to church we have youth conference, which includes guys and girls; and we also have girls camp, which is just girls of course. Last year, I had the opportunity to go to EFY, which stands for Especially for Youth. Especially for Youth is held at many college campuses and is an opportunity for kids all over to gather together, both boys and girls. You can go once you turn 14. Last year was my first time going though because we didn't know a lot about it when I was younger. While I was there I was able to stay in the dorms on the campus. One of my friends and I roomed together and shared a bathroom with two other girls. One of the girls was from Peru and the other was originally from Argentina, but was residing in California at the time. It was really neat to be able to learn more about their culture and see how they lived their lives. It is amazing how different and yet how similar people from all over the world are. Both of them were able to speak English really well, so that was a good thing. I have enjoyed all of the church camps that I have been to and have learned so much from each and every one of them. The past three years I have had the opportunity to be a leader at girls camp and I have really enjoyed that. It has been good for me to learn more about leadership. I really enjoyed working with the younger girls as well. It is always fun to watch someone grow. I have had some great experiences at church camp throughout the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment