Thursday, July 10, 2014

Adventure!


Thursday, July 10th, 2014

Today I thought I would tell you about one of my adventures with my family and another family that are good friends of ours. Their last name is Harris, so when you hear me refer to this family as the Harris family you will know who I am talking about. My family and the Harris family decided to take a National Park tour out in the west. We drove all over the place from Colorado to New Mexico. We started our tour by going to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Then, from there we went and saw a few places in Utah. We went to Salt Lake City and walked around Temple Square, saw the Great Salt Lake, hiked Bryce Canyon, hiked Zion National Park, and went to a small waterfall just off the highway. I would have to say that Utah was probably favorite out of all the states we visited. It was beautiful wherever you went and there was something to see all over the state. After that we went down to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. We also went to Dinosaur National Park where my brothers and the Harris boys climbed all over the rocks. We went to Mesa, Arizona and visited the Harris’s oldest daughter, who lives there with her husband and daughter and soon to be son. We then went to Carlsbad Caverns and went down into the cave there. There were a bunch of bats inside the cave and it was freezing. Later, we went to White Sands, New Mexico. We actually bought some sleds and went sledding down the hills of sand. It was really fun and who would’ve ever guessed you could sled in sand? We wrapped up going through Texas and stopping to see a few miscellaneous things there. All in all it was an unforgettable trip that was once in a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment