Thursday, July 17, 2014

Final Blog Reflection

Thursday, July 17th, 2014

Throughout my blogging experience I have found both successes and challenges. There have been many times that I have really been able to freewrite. I have really enjoyed the times that I have been able to embrace freewritting, rather than, contemplating what my next sentence should be. As you can see, at times knowing what to write next was a challenge for me. In the beginning once I chose a topic to write about for the day I felt as though I had to stick strictly to that topic and at times it was difficult to write more on the specific topic. Throughout my blogging experience though I came to realize that within freewriting you don't necessarily stick to just one topic. I have learned how to incorporate more than one subject together. I was able to blend my subjects together to allow myself to completely write freely. I actually really liked this project for the most part. Of course, there were days that I was not exactly thrilled to have to write more, but I would say overall it was a good project for me. I have definitely seen improvement within myself. At first when you posted the project in Lesson 4 and told us that by the end we would be able to freewrite in 10 minutes or less I didn't know whether or not I would ever be able to do that. I can gladly say that I can now! I know that you don't want to just hear about the good though. I think the hardest part of this project for me was simply choosing what to write about. There were some days that I would look at the white page in front of me and think, "What's it going to be today?" I was very grateful for the discussion thread for Blog Topics. That was helpful for me to get some ideas from other students and share my own. I was able to get my mind flowing and ready to write. All in all, I think it was a good project for us and definitely for me personally. All of those times I sat staring at my computer screen have actually paid off it seems. I am grateful to say that my blogging days are done with though for the summer. I think in the future I would like to have a blog, but probably not post every day. Anyway, I'm grateful for the project and the improvement I have seen in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment