Sunday, July 13, 2014

Editing the Essay Thoughts

Saturday, July 12th, 2014

As I read over my personal narrative/This I Believe essay for the last time before submitting it I began to wonder what direction everyone else took within their own essay. As for myself, I told a story that represented one of the things that I believe. I loved having the opportunity to edit a couple of the other students within my class's essays. There were three of us together in a group and all three of our essays were very different. We all came at different angles for this essay. It was interesting trying to compose an essay that portrayed your credo, your This I Believe statements, and an experience for your personal narrative. The other two essays that I read were both interesting to read and experience. It seems as though when you are reading something you are experiencing the work at times. It seems to be this way in particularly in stories and poems. In Chad's essay though it really seemed like a peaceful experience to read his essay, while Chelsey's differed a bit and seemed more upbeat. Both of the essays really allowed me to get to know them better and see their personalities. I enjoyed helping them edit their essays because we all make little mistakes that have to be corrected. It is always good to get others opinions and perspectives from what they have read. In high school I was able to have a very good English teacher. I learned a lot from her and enjoyed her teaching. One of the things that she emphasized was editing. We ourselves would go over our papers and edit them and then she would have us get in groups to edit our papers. I liked having an edit group with this essay as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment