Saturday, June 14, 2014

Typology Test Fascination

Welcome to my personality world of an ESTJ! This test was very fascinating! The questions that the test included really made me think and ask myself which one was true. There were some that I thought could go either way depending upon different situations, which made it difficult to decide on an answer. I really enjoyed taking this test and learning more about myself as both a person and as a writer.

After I had taken this test I was instantly interested on how I could learn more about the test and about my results. I found the same type of test on another website and found out even more. On this website the test was called a Keirsey Temperament Sorter 2. For each personality type it had two key words to describe that specific personality. My two words that went along with the ESTJ personality were Guardian Supervisor. (I suppose this is what I am called.)

My test results matched up with my personality really well after I had researched out what being an ESTJ really meant. One thing I really liked about the Typology test that we took was how it showed the percentage of each letter for you. This made the test even more accurate and easier to understand.

As for my personality I am a "Gaurdian Supervisor." The Gaurdian part of me likes to have fun with my friends, but is very serious about my duties and responsibilities. I am loyal, dependable, and believe in order and organization. The Supervisor in me will work hard to accomplish a goal. I am good at organizing, scheduling, and planning. I found out I have the same personality type as Bill O'Reilly as well. Now, there is plenty more to be said about my personality, but this will at least give you an idea of who I am.

Now that we know what we are discussing let me tell you that most everything that I read about my personality type was right. I am very serious about my duties and responsibilities. As a result of this, I have been a good, prompt student in the past and hope to continue to be throughout the future. I am not so sure my writing would be described as serious, however. My classes have always been something I hold as a high priority and responsibility; as they should be. My Chronicles teacher and fellow classmates have consistently been able to trust me and my writing abilities. As a writer for the school newspaper, I had to be prompt in turning in my stories and dependable in getting them done. I am a strong believer of organization in any and all aspects of life. I strive to stay organized with deadlines, notes and assignments, and even the outline of a paper. Everything becomes clear to me when it is in an organized manner.

In this short amount of class time we have had and with the help of the Typology test I am beginning to see that I tend to be an enthusiastic writer. Now, as a person, I have always been somewhat enthusiastic. In my writing I catch myself wanting to add exclamation points to sentences to show what I really feel, and then think twice knowing that it would be inappropriate. I enjoy writing and adding enthusiasm always makes writing more entertaining to read and people more fun to be around.

This test will definitely assist me and has already assisted me in my college writing. Knowing who you are is important in every aspect of your life, not just writing. I think if you truly know who you are and even how you are then you have far greater chances of being successful if you did not. This personality test has made me realize both who I am and how I am as a person and as a writer. I know that personality leaks through in our writing, therefore, ESTJ shows who I am and how I write.

The Typology test has filled me with fascination and curiosity. This test will be beneficial to me now and in the future as a student, writer, and person. I can't wait to learn more and grow from this knowledge!


1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. Work to move beyond the general and into the specific. Understand how language transfers across fields of study and contexts. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete