Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fourth of July is on its way!

Saturday, June 28th, 2014

Every year on Fourth of July my family and I go over to my grandma's house to celebrate. I have a lot of extended family that live close by so we are all able to get together every year. There is usually about 50 people there to enjoy the day. As you can imagine, there is quite a bit of work in preparing for the event before it actually happens and a lot of cleaning to be done once it is over. Can you guess who gets to help with all of this? My family, my uncle, and my cousins. Every year we have to spray paint some things, clean off the front and back porch, spread mulch out, make sure the flowers look good, get the yard mowed and weed-eated, and the list goes on and on. As the Fourth of July approaches there is much to be done to get things all ready for the big day. So, what do you think I got to do today? Why yes, yes I did get to help my grandma get things cleaned up this morning. You may think I am coming off as negative about this, but in all actuality I enjoy helping her. Throughout the years it has been a great way for us to bond together. I have loved the time spent at my grandma's house getting ready for Fourth of July, celebrating Fourth of July, and cleaning up after Fourth of July. When I was little I remember the first time my grandpa taught us how to spray paint. There are five of us grandkids in total and we were all decently close in age so we all learned about the same time. We thought it was super cool to be able to spray paint! We all had different things assigned to us to spray paint. Over the years we have still kept that same object to spray paint. The clean-up was always fun for us to because we would find all kinds of left over fireworks around the yard. It seemed to always be a competition to see who could find the most. We have a piƱata every year too so we would sometimes find leftover candy for us to snack on while we picked up all the trash. We always play at least three kid games and three adult games and have a blast. I have and forever will enjoy the Fourth of July spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment