Saturday, June 28, 2014

And the Fluency Journal Begins!

Thursday, June 26th, 2014

I am the type of person who likes to write some things and type other things. There are some things that are just so much more personable when written. I enjoy typing at times when my brain seems to be on a roll, but when it comes to a more sensitive topic or more personal things I prefer to write. This fluency journal is actually going to be quite interesting for me I feel like. I think I will go back and forth between writing things and then later typing them, and just typing them. In a world full of technology it is nice to just pick up a pen and write sometimes rather than click your fingers away on a computer. For me I feel like I am on my computer all the time between the online classes I am taking, so a change of scenery is nice. Recently, I have been trying to write in my journal frequently. It is relaxing in a way to just be able to write the things on your mind. I have noticed that for me sometimes when I am stressed if I will just put everything down on paper that I am worried about my mind seems so much freer, rather than, bogged down. I am both excited and overwhelmed with this fluency assignment. I know that there will be many days, such as today, when I will write rather than type and then type later. I know that this will be a good habit to get into and will help me to prepare for Composition 2 next year. I think that this will be a great thing to look back on as well. When I was in elementary and in junior high I kept a journal somewhat and some of the things I wrote are so funny to look back on and think about. I hope that this will maybe serve in a similar way. I hope to look back on this fluency journal assignment and remember some of the memories I made at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment