Monday, June 30, 2014

Church and Family!

Sunday, June 29th, 2014

 Today my family and I were able to go to church this morning. I always enjoy going to church and getting spiritually uplifted and prepared for the week ahead. I have grown up going to church each and every Sunday and plan to continue on for the rest of my life. It has been a great strength to me throughout my life thus far. My church family has always been very loving, friendly, and supportive of me throughout the years. I have always been able to count on my teachers to teach me something new and create a positive atmosphere for me to be around each Sunday. I have been able to create long-lasting friendships and many memories.

Another tradition that we keep in my family is Sunday dinner. Every Sunday we always go over to my Grandma's house to have dinner as a family. We have been having Sunday dinner for as long as I can remember. My family, my grandma, my uncle, and my two cousins always go. Every now and then more of my extended family will come as well. We enjoy visiting with one another and laughing together. I don't mean to paint this beautiful fairytale picture, because we do have issues that must be addressed and people get on each others nerves; but we still have to love one another. I have many memories from going to Sunday dinner at my Grandma's and I wouldn't change them for the world. Some of my fondest memories as a child are from those times together.

Last but not least, we always try to squeeze in a Sunday nap. My mom and I in particularly always try to rest some in the afternoon. Sundays are my days to get rested and prepared for the week ahead, so naps can be helpful towards those efforts. It is just nice to be able to take a good nap if time is permitting. Sunday is my favorite day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment